When deciding which university to attend for the next four years, its therefore valuable to visit the educational college you are considering, if possible. I remember visiting a variety of schools throughout the springtime of my year that is senior and to imagine myself as a student on each campus. What would I eat at the dining hall? Where would my classes be located? Whom would my classmates, roommates, and buddies be? That I could truly see myself doing all of those things and more and still be myself for me, it finally clicked when I found a campus. We encourage our admitted students to take advantage of our admitted student programs throughout this next thirty days to try to envision what your USC experience could be like.
Even though the National Candidate Reply Date isn’t until May 1, we curently have pupils asking, ‘Where do we sign the dotted line to attend USC?’ If (and ideally when) you decide to come to USC, listed here is an outline associated with the steps that are next becoming a full-fledged Trojan:
- Submit your Enrollment Commitment form and $300 deposit on the web at USConnect.usc.edu.
- Apply for Financial Aid, in the event that you haven’t already. Go to the Financial Aid section of our site for lots more information about how precisely to apply for educational funding.
- Submit your Housing application by might 1! Housing assignments are made based on the date you submitted your application, thus you’ve got a better chance of having the sort of housing you want the sooner you apply. Even if you are maybe not 100% sure you are visiting USC next year, you can submit the housing application and $45 fee to carry your spot in line.
- Sign up to attend Orientation over the summertime. Orientation is a great possiblity to spending some time on campus learning about the resources, facilities, and possibilities you should have access to as an undergraduate. You’ll meet other admitted students and you can expect to additionally sign up for courses with an advisor that is academic. You shall be in a position to subscribe to an Orientation program 5 7 business days once you distribute your commitment deposit.
- Forward in your last school that is high and AP/IB exam outcomes. USC awards college credit for most AP examinations with a rating of 4 or 5. USC also grants credit for every score of 5, 6 or 7 on the IB more impressive range exams. Visit our Office of Articulation website to see exactly what kind of credit USC grants for the AP that is various and exams.
For those who have questions which are not covered in your admission packet or on our blog or website, please contact your admission counselor. We are pleased to help answr fully your concerns and can’t wait to welcome you to USC!
USC: A Global Experience
USC prides itself on being a ‘Global University,’ but what precisely does that mean?
For starters, we’ve more international students than any private institution in the united states (15% in last 12 months’s freshman course!). We believe that having students from different countries around the world contributes to a learning that is positive by allowing for various viewpoints and opinions to be highlighted into the class room.
Certain courses on their own are even created around providing students with the opportunity to connect to pupils from other countries. A top Mexican university, as well as hear lectures by Mexican scholars via special videoconferencing software for example, Professor Pamela Starr in the Dornsife College teaches a class called International Relations 366: Mexico and its Relations with the U.S. In this course, USC students work collaboratively (via Skype) with students from ITAM.
USC also ranks sixth into the nation for sending students abroad. We provide 54 programs in 29 nations, on every continent except Antarctica (maybe someday!) Students can go abroad for a whole year for a complete immersion, or just for a semester. We also offer many summer programs if you don’t want to stay away from USC for too long. For example, freshmen in the Marshall School of Business are able to meet leaders in worldwide business by traveling abroad for a program that is 10-daypast locations have included Shanghai, Beijing, Taiwan, and Argentina) through the LINC Program, and Dornsife pupils can boost their Spanish language abilities by spending a summer coping with a number family and taking courses in Madrid, Spain. To learn more about abroad programs, please visit our Office of Overseas Studies website.
Students may also do research abroad through programs such as for example Problems Without Passports. Problems Without Passports provides students with the opportunity to combine research that is inquiry-based international travel. For a couple of weeks, students will remain on-campus and investigate a concern that is international in scope. They then travel to the certain area they are researching, letting them round out their learning with hands-on finding. This summer, dilemmas Without Passports programs are being offered in Rwanda, Brazil, and Cairo, merely to name a couple of!
In addition to study abroad opportunities, Trojans can feel connected around the world with our 20 alumni workplaces overseas. Of late, we casinopokies777.com have opened an office in Sao Paolo, Brazil, where we now have already started to increase our collaboration with Brazilian researchers. With over 300,000 living alumni worldwide, USC will only carry on to expand its global presence.
It is imperative that our students are exposed to various cultures, in addition to having the opportunity to experience those cultures first-hand as we become an increasingly globalized society. We may be called the University of Southern California, but we’re really a place that is global!